Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fitness Survey

I saw this fitness survey on so many people’s blogs, (most recently Amy's) so I decided to go ahead and do it. It made me realize I am a bit of a fitness minimalist. I do enjoy using equipment but frankly I do not have than much so if it is not around I make do!

Five Fitness Things I can’t Live Without:

A wall: I love utilizing the wall for working out and stretching. Wallsits, handstand push ups

Yoga mat: The rug is slippery yo!

My dog: Leo is a pain in the butt when it comes to trying to do yoga- but he really keeps me going on a run.

Sneakers: no shoes are great for yoga, but sneakers definitely help for running/ and other workouts.

• Deodorant: I don't know if this is too obvious, but I prefer to not be too smelly.  


Most Embarrassing Song I Listen to While Working Out:

I am not really embarrassed by anything I listen to. You can friend me on Pandora and check out my “Don’t let them see you sweat” mix including Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Pitbull, Katy Perry, Black Eyed Peas, Rihanna, etc.

I will admit I like me some angry Eminem while I workout sometimes.

Favorite Pre-Workout Snack or Meal:

Smoothies or banana or apple with peanut butter: If I am at home I usually do a smoothie, but if I workout after work I usually go for the apple or banana with peanut butter if I have it.

On My Fitness Bucket List:

I used to want to run a marathon, but really I have no desire to. My current goal is to become a group exercise instructor so I can help motivate other people and stay in shape myself!

Overall my goal is to keep pushing myself and making my body do more and keep fitness fun.

Must-Have Tech Tools:

My laptop or ipad: I often require some form of external motivation, often in the form of yogadownloads.com, bodyrock or a random pinterest or blogger workout.
ex:


MP3 player? I have a Sansa clip, which I recently accidentally deleted all of the music off of. I have now commadered an Ipod  Jordan acquired from a shoplifter who dropped it whilst he broke into Tropical Foods, attempted to shoplift and then spit in his eye when he was caught...   we recently received a court ordered apology from the individual. But anyway, I still have his Ipod as he has not come back to the store to claim it.
I actually haven’t been listening to music lately when I run since I am usually doing it at night so I get scared, plus I like to be able to hear the traffic coming. Since I am usually running near the ocean I have decent background noise.

shop lifters Ipod

My phone/ Mapmyrun app: I love tracking my mileage and I have no sense of direction so I admittedly sometimes get lost—I would have been in big trouble if I didn’t have this on a recent hike!

Fitbit?? I actually do not even have this yet! But I am soo excited for it. It claims to be arriving at my house between 10/31-11/3.


Top Exercise Gear:
Spandex/ polyester pants/ leggings: wicks away sweat and no chaffing (TMI?) I have no real brand loyalty but I have a new-ish pair of MPG (Mondetta Performance Gear) that I really like.

Sports Bra: If for nothing else, I use it to hold my chapstick when lacking a pocket. I think most of mine are the Champion ones from Target.

Motivational Mantras:
I sometimes go on Pinterest to pump myself up before a workout!  Some of my favorite inspirations include:





Favorite Cardio Exercise:

Intervals—I love combining cardio and strength and just making it fast to get my heart going.

Running – I go through phases of hating and loving running. The phases shift suddenly so today I like it, I cannot guarantee for tomorrow.

Zumba! I haven’t done it in a while, but I love getting my groove on.

Favorite Strength Move:

Almost anything body weight. Squats, pushups, sit ups, planks, handstands/ headstands. Walking lunges used to be my all time favorite, but since having foot surgery I can no longer bend my toes so this is a lot harder!
So that is my fitness survey! What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment