Monday, September 20, 2010

Cuban Dish #2: Cuban Sea Bass (um… Tilapia)


I am still on the mission to force health eating upon people, along with becoming more ethnically diverse, so I decided to try my hand at another Cuban dish. This time, I simply found a dish that was relatively healthy to begin with rather than editing a less healthy dish.

The recipe was for Cuban Sea Bass. However, when I go to the grocery store, I was unable to find sea bass, so I decided to settle for tilapia.

Cuban Tilapia (or whatever other fish you decide to stick in it)
2 tb olive oil
2 white onions, sliced
1-2 cloves minced garlic
4 chopped tomatoes, seeded
1.5 cups dry white wine
1/2 cup slices olives
1/4 cup drained capers
crushed red pepper
~ 1 pound of fish
1 tb butter
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
  1. heat olive oil in a pan/ wok and cook onions and garlic.
  2. Add tomatoes, cook until soft.
  3. Add wine, olives, capers, and red pepper. Allow sauce to simmer.
  4. Add fish to sauce. Cook 10-15 minutes until fish is easily flaked.
  5. Remove the fish from the sauce.
  6. Add butter to sauce and turn up the heat. Add cilantro. Cover sauce, and allow to thicken.
  7. Serve sauce over the fish.

I served my dish with fresh steamed green beans, black beans, and a brown rice/rice pilaf concoction.

It came out pretty good in my opinion. I am not a huge fan of olives, so if I did it again, I think I would omit them, but overall tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment