Sunday, June 21, 2009

Vitamin E

So here is my recap of yesterday: its not nearly as interesting without the pictures....


1000 iu vitamin d
b-
8 am
1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1 medium apple
3/4 medium mango
2 fo low fat milk
1/2 cup raisin bran
1 cup high fiber trader joes cereal

20 fo water
2 cups coffee
1 fo low fat milk
2 twin sugars

L-
12 pm
1 cup white spaghetti, no fat no salt added
1/2 cup plain no salt added tomato sauce
1 cup tossed salad (ice berg lettuce, grape tomato, cucumber)
1 packet balsamic vinegar
1/2 packet salt
2 packets Mrs. Dash

2 cup regular black tea (1 bag)
1 fo milk
2 equal
1 cup water

s-
3pm
7 grape tomatoes
2 slices multigrain bread
3 oz tuna salad- tuna, onion, celery, broccoli
honey mustard
mayo (full fat)
8 lorna doon cookies

1 cup decaf tea
low fat milk
1 twin sugar

1 calcium supplement (600 mg Ca, 400 iu vitamin D)

9pm
5 oz original frozen yogurt
2 tb strawberries
2 tb pineapple
2 tb fruity pebbles
1 tb chocolate sauce

10pm
2 glasses red wine charles shaw
3 fo vodka
8 fo light cranberry juice

I didn't do so good in regards to eating more vegetables...
I did analyze my food record for the 19th and 20th (up until the 3 pm food). I did pretty good on getting enough of most nutrients but I am always low on Vitamin E! (Which is sometimes surprising to me considering the sources are some of my favorite foods!)

Vitamin E is one of the fat soluble vitamins and is an antioxidant. It is important for immune function, cellular function, and is said to help protect against heart disease and some types of cancer.

Some good sources of vitamin E include:


Wheat germ oil (1 tb = 100%DV)
almonds
sunflower seed and oil
peanuts and peanut butter
spinach
broccoli

One of the main reasons I started drinking Almond Milk instead of soymilk sometimes is that it is 50%DV in 1 cup. My favorite kind if Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla, only 40 calories in 1 cup! Though it is full fat... I just bought a new kind today thats Organic and low fat, so I will have to review that after I give it a try.
Some people are not the biggest fans of almond milk since it is a lot lower in protein in comparison to soymilk or other alternatives, but I generally get enough protein through other sources so I am not usually terribly worries about that.


For more info check out the fact sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment