- 2 tablespoon(s) margarine or butter
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 medium Golden Delicious apples - roughly peeled and chopped (I used Junga-golds -- my soup was really sweet-you could probably cut this down to 3 apples.)
- 2 pound(s) carrots, peeled and chopped (I cheated and used a bag of frozen carrot coins)
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled and chopped (Used a bag of frozen)
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth (This is used from scratch broth I made)
- 1 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) peeled and grated fresh ginger (I admit I just used ground)
- salt and pepper to taste (I used fresh cracker black pepper and NuSalt)
- Fresh chives for garnish
2. Add in onions and cook until soft (About 10 minutes).
3. Add in apples, carrots, squash, broth, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 30 minutes.