- Small steps add up! Packing a meal once a week or packing one snack a day can also make a difference.
- If you have a desk/ locker etc at work- keep a few healthy items there, this will make it even easier!
- Canned or dried soup
- granola bars
- trail mix
- dried fruit
- Get in the habit: Pack your lunch and snacks the night before, saves you the hassle of doing it in the morning
- Freeze left overs in individual portions: easy to grab and go at a moments notice
- Prep ahead: Don’t have time to pack a lunch every night? Prep part or all of your meal over the weekend. Check on my post on Healthy Eating for the Busy Person
- Portioning veggies and dip into baggies
- Cut up fruit and make a fruit salad for easy picking
- Prep sandwiches (you can keep bread on the side to keep it from getting soggy)
Considerations about bringing your meals:
- Food Safety
- If you bring anything perishable be sure to have an insulated bag and cold pack. Or refrigerate if possible.
- Ease of carrying:
- Especially if you are on the run, having a bag that is easy to carry is key! Try one with shoulder straps, or small bags that fit into other bags you already carry.
- Leak Proof:
- Invest in good Tupperware. A spilled or leaking lunch can ruin all of your food, or get on your clothes.
- Some recommendations: Rubbermaid, Lock &; Lock, Pyrex storage
What You’ll Need:
· A lunch box/ bag
· Good leak-proof Tupperware in various sizes
o Small containers are great for bringing dips and dressings on the side
· Plastic or Re-useable baggies
o Try Snack Taxis or Lunchskins
|This is my adorable gnome snack taxi!|
· Re-useable water bottle
· Travel Beverage Mug
|I love my BPA free Aladdin cup- it never leaks!|
· Cold Packs
o Recommend having two to freeze one everyday
A Few Lunch Box Recommendations:
Trusted name brand with great insulation.
Many different sizes and styles
· BuiltNY (BuiltNY.com)
This company offers a variety of classy totes, laptop cases, lunch boxes, water bottle and wine bottle carriers.
Their bags are soft neoprene material and insulated.
Have accessories such as shoulder straps
Take on the Japanese style Bento Box
Can be carried alone or in another bag
See my love of Bentos Here as well