Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Selling my heart.

Today started with 7:30 am Rock Climbing. There was a lot more actual climbing today. It was killer! My body is in so much pain. I'm by no means a natural climber, this is going to take a lot of effort. I went over my first ledge today. The first one wasn't so bad, but then I tried doing a harder one, and I was literally at that point on the wall for a good 5 minutes. It was pretty embarrassing, but after countless attempts I finished! Ugh, my arms and back are not my friends right now. I need someone to give me a message haha.

After rock climbing (and showering) I had a delicious bowl of oats and a cup of spiced chai:
1/3 cup oats
1/2 banana
1 tb peanut butter
a few strawberries
almond extract
6 butterscotch chips

I decorated and ate my oats while watching a video for my Calamities class about the Three Mile. I was having an arguement yesterday with my conservative friend about why we should NOT have nuclear power, and he just kept saying how save it is and no real accidents have really occurred. Ba-Hum-Bug I say! check out this video (its long I'd skip at least 15 minutes in to get the best parts)- even 30 years after the fact new info is still coming out. Maybe no one died directly, but it would say cancer rates 10x higher than the surrounding areas is pretty significant.

I spent the rest of the afternoon doing MSDA stuff and studying Developmental Psyc.
For lunch there was a salad (Since I have so much produce to use up!), and a tofu sandwich
Romaine Lettuce
Baby Spinach
Green Grapes
caramelize onions
Sprouted wheat berries
Balsamic Vinegar

I had sprouted my wheat berries using Elizabeth's- Don't (White) Sugar- Coat its instructions, but they tasted kind of powdery... I have a feeling that they should not.

My tofu sandwich was 2 slices whole wheat bread, some sesame ginger tofu, with extra sesame ginger marinade on top, spinach, and caramelized onion and peppers. This sandwich was disappointing. The marinade as a topping was not good, the tofu was a bit burnt, and overall the whole sandwich was a bit dry.

I then went and did a research study at BIDMC, and had an MRI done. I had recorded my lectures from psych, so I got to lay there, study, and took a bit of a nap, and got paid.Sweet Deal. I had the intention of staying awake the whole time to listen to my notes, but when you are laying in a dark little tube for over an hour it makes that difficult. I woke up violently from just drifting off couple of times from dreams of falling off of mountains rock climbing haha.

After my MRI I had a honey tangerine. It was very sweet and juicy. I think I ate about 20 seeds though.

Dinner was kale, spinach, roasted veggies, a bit of whole wheat rotini, hot sauce, and a tsp of margarine. I also snacked on a few grapes while prepping- but those darn grapes just keep making it into my mouth before getting a photo- op!

I'm now off to finish studying, equipt with a cup of Celestial Seasonings Canadian Vanilla Maple Black Decaf Tea.
Happy hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment