Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Vitatop Muffin Review


Here was another freebie from ANCE: two vitatop muffins, I had a Banana Nut Muffin and a Fudgy Peanut Butter Chip Muffin.

http://www.vitalicious.com/store-vitatops.html

The Fudgey Peanut Butter Chip Muffin Top is 100 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, 3 grams protein, and 6 grams of fiber, and contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. It tastes great! Very rich and chocolatey, and peanut buttery. It reminds me more of a fluffy brownie than a muffin. Its definitely delicious, but I can’t image eating it for breakfast, more of a delightful chocolatey snack.

The Banana Nut muffin was very good as well, also 100 calories, with 2 grams fat, 5 grams fiber, and 5 grams protein. This one was much more muffiny, and had a good bread like consistency. Again, tasty a treat. I could picture myself eating this one for breakfast. It was a little glooey on top, like a prepackage muffin, which I suppose makes sense since that’s what it is.

I would not eat these for the entirety of my breakfast. I am a volume person, so this little 2 oz vitamuffin won’t cut it for me. I would at least have to pair it with a fruit to tide me over.The whole marketing strategy of these muffins if to ‘bring your own breakfast’ and eat one of these little muffins, instead of buying a big 400 calorie muffin, but its just so little! I feel this would just lead to binge eating later.

Also, the price is $1.33 per a muffin top.

My solution: if you want a muffin, buy a huge 400 calorie muffin, (probably costs less than $1.33), cut it in four pieces, eat one piece for breakfast, and take a multivitamin= you now have 4 vitamuffins J

Don’t get me wrong- again they were delicious, and maybe they would be a good alternative for some people, but in my opinion, the benefits do not out weigh the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment