Tuesday, December 29, 2009

More Holiday Treats

As I mentioned, my holidays were full of many sweet things, not just dessert, but family, friends, and warm tidings (cheesy, aye?)

Of course, all of these family affairs were punctuated by eating delicious foods!

The morning started with my mother's side of the family at my grandmothers house, and hor d'oeuvre.

The whole clan

Sister, Mom, Me

At home we began with some veggies, crackers and cheese:


One of my family's traditions is the "Christmas Pineapple" which represents good luck-- and so happens to go well with ham, and was my family's rational for what I would eat when I was a vegetarian.


Here's my Christmas dinner plate:

Including:
Salad (made by Jess and myself) with Romaine, grape tomato, cucumber, mushrooms, clementine, black olives, grapes, carrots, broccoli and red peppers.
Pineapple
Meatball (Made by daddy)
Ham (also made my dad)
piece of fresh roll (from local Jewish Bakery)


And a few candids:

grammy and dad

Jessica and Sister

By the end of the night we were all exhausted and suffering from a food coma

Jessica and Snugs ended the night with a spot of tea and a lil nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment