Friday, March 27, 2009

Dinner at the Marlborough Manor

I made the attempt to photograph everything I ate today again.
Fridays are always my super fun 11 hour work day at the hospital... most of which includes sitting in front of a computer, reading what other people eat, which unfortunately often leads to eating an excessive amount. To prevent this, I try to not pack too much food, and try to pack healthier foods.

Today (a bit repetitive from yesterday ) started with 2 cups of fruit, about the same mix as yesterday: cantaloupe, apple, pear, orange, grapefruit, strawberries, pluot, Followed by a Lemon L ight and Fit and Some Trader Joes Fiber Cereal:


At work I also had two cups of tea (I believe it was peach ginger), and a lovely piece of chocolate, which seemed to have made it into my mouth before I thought to take a picture of it (whoops!)

I was suppose to be hosting dinner for a couple friends from Douzo, but plans got changed a little bit. I wound up going over to my friend Jenny's (from Douzo) humble abode (The Marlborough Manor...) and her fabulous boyfriend Buddy made us a delicious feast (now i really can't have them over my house because I will never be able to compete with his cooking ability!

We started off with salads - which I "made"- aka- stuck lettuce on a plate.
They were made of spring greens, goat cheese, tomato, croutons, and topped with some Brianna's Zesty French Dressing:




Here's a picture of Jenny Posing with her new Zesty French Dressing (which is advertised to be great on tomatoes! therefore the salad had the addition of tomatoes at the last minute)

Salad was followed by some Italian Bread, baked with seasoned olive oil and mozzarella (?) cheese. We let buddy do the cooking, I really have no idea what I was putting in my mouth half the time, but it was all fabulous, so whatever it was was a great creation! and of course always better when someone else its cooking. :)

The main course was Fettucini, with a homemade sauce made with red wine, fresh tomatoes, scallions, basil, and some light cream.
On the side was a some freshly cooked chard - it was my first time eating chard- but I basically knew it was green and leafy and so it was love at first sight <3. style="margin: 0px auto 10px; display: block; text-align: center; cursor: pointer; width: 320px; height: 240px;" src="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh4Sx67TVreX_3aYmzOTpJjzvNz0YBitSU1lqol27ed0UJaYpAvB5DuemFqgJQ2u9AROWn-WVKxxlYGX7KSV1q8nXW0_RlSuII1PZEwFdwZGHM5dVgd0iar0x7DN41ETtrDNPkv8qgqzP3w/s320/SDC10058.JPG" alt="" id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5318095176637602770" border="0">
Note: Generally this is not how a plate should look, the veggies should take up about half the plate and then try to cut down the amount of carbs. At least the sauce is full of veggies too :)
And here is the master chef enjoying his creations:
Along with cooking us all a lovely meal, Buddy also provided the entertainment with some live guitar playing on a fancy 7 string guitar (show off.. I can't even handle the 6 strings!)
And there may have also been a glass or two of wine along with the meal :)

Nearing the end of the night Jenny got ambitious to bake a cake! So we did (from a box...) So we went to a mixing and a baking.
We then unfortunately realized how long cakes take to bake so I had to leave to catch the train home before it was done cooking, but overall it was delightful time :) I said i needed to rent a buddy for my own personal use, but then I realized that was clearly not true- as I can just go there and steal their foo



I really cannot comment to much on the nutritional content of my day, since I was not terribly involved in the preparation of any of the food today, but I did at least start off the day well, and did not binge eat at work, and dinner did contain a good amount of veggies!

Happy friday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment