Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Eclectic Edibles!

Based on my post a few days ago, I realized I could probably write an entire blog about salads, however, upon further consideration I realize I put so many various things in them they basically all wind up looking like a jumbled mess of vegetables and consequently all looking the same.

Nonetheless, I set off for lunch to make off a phenomenal salad.

I started by cooking the plantains J. gave me the other day, as at least one of them was looking sufficiently black and overly ripe.


I decided to fry them in a frying pan with a little vegetable oil, I got a bit distracted by doing dishes and they wound up rather burnt, but still tasty.


I also bought some bok choy recently so I steamed that.

Into the salad went:
Broccoli Slaw
Romaine Lettuce
Bok Choy
Plantain
frozen carrots (defrosted)
frozen corn
snap peas
olives
salsa
a couple raisins
pumpkin seeds
hot banana peppers
tiny bit of shredded cheddar cheese
rice vinegar

And the finished product:

and to pair with the salad I had a lovely cup of coffee, with soymilk and splenda, which admittedly was not the best combination with the salad, but it sure did hit the spot ;)


What's your favorite salad topping/ type of salad??

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE fried plantains! My favorite topping is goat cheese! Or eggplant! Or Brussels sprouts! ahhh too many choices...

    ReplyDelete