Saturday, October 6, 2012

New Identity

I love having Fridays off- its magnificent to have a week day off to get all of the random stuff done that cannot be done during the week.

Jordan was also off, so he and Leo accompanied me to Salem where I went to cross fit and they went on a walk.


Friday's Crossfit Class:

Strength: Power Cleans 5 sets of 3 reps at 45#

WOD
10, 9, 8 .... 3, 2, 1
dead lifts (95#)
ring dips (with band assist)
2 burpees every minute on the minute

AKA - started with 2 burpees, then did 10 dead lifts, followed by 10 ring dips, (stopped where ever I was at the minute mark to bust out 2 burpees) continue with 9 deadlifts, 9 ring dips... and so forth.

10:26 was my time. And it felt good!

We then headed to the Liberty Tree Mall where Jordan bought a shirt, and I waited at the DMV for an hour for a new license.




It is official. I am now Jamie Lynn Garry. Now I just have to get used to it. Every time someone has asked me my last name lately I have sounded like an idiot because I always start saying the wrong one.



The name change process has been a pain in the butt, including the weeks waiting for a new social security card, hour at the DMV for a new license, and the huge hassle of making a new email account for home and work.



I still have to go to the bank to change my name there, and change my passport etc etc but the main stuff is done!

I am also proud to say that Jordan and I completed the burpee challenge mentioned in the last post. We each did about 17 in 1 minute (quite a bit fewer than Miss Lindsay! We need to step up our game!)

I was just looking through Lindsay's October Challenge and it looks like there are some fun and challenging things on the list -- I now must go google what a tabata workout is...


Do you have any goals or challenges planned for October? 


No comments:

Post a Comment